The number of mortgages in forbearance fell. The price of homebuilding materials has risen sharply. And the Federal Reserve’s lending program for small businesses is struggling to gain momentum.
- According to Black Knight, 435,000 fewer loans were receiving assistance last week than the week prior.
- The decrease was driven in large part by the expiration of some deals struck in early April.
- The price of lumber futures has risen more than 85% since early April.
- Improved builder confidence, as well as increased interest in home improvement projects, is likely fueling a surge in demand.
- Strict conditions for businesses and heightened